The Stars Appeal aims to fund projects throughout all Wards and Departments at Salisbury District Hospital. Below are some examples of items recently funded by the Appeal:
- Burns Unit - specialist rehabilitation equipment in the Burns Unit gym.
- Throughout the hospital - Christmas gifts for patients’ unfortunate enough to be spending Christmas in Hospital.
- Farley Stroke Unit - state-of-the-art home use monitors enabling patients to be monitored at home rather than having to come into hospital.
- Beatrice Labour Ward - Highly advanced bladder scanner aiding midwives in the identification of bladder problems. This helps lessen the need for stressful procedures during labour and reduces the likelihood of long-term problems later in life.
- Throughout the hospital - Providing additional therapies such as aromatherapy and therapeutic massage, especially in areas such as maternity, neonatal intensive care, burns and elderly care.
- Rockbourne Unit - Specialist equipment to help elderly care patients achieve greater independence.
- Eye Unit - state-of-the-art retinal camera.
- Urology - Enhanced diagnostic equipment for prostate patients.
- Speech and Language Therapy - Specialist equipment enhancing diagnostics and assessment for patients.
Please help us do more. Find out about our latest projects here