Our Wish List
At the Stars Appeal, we raise funds to enhance care for patients across all Wards and Departments at Salisbury District Hospital.
We're currently building Salisbury's first dedicated Breast Cancer Unit. You can find out more here
In addition, we continue to fundraise for projects benefiting patients across the Hospital. Here are some examples:
- £500 funds a patient support group for a year
- £3,000 provides free healthy drinks and snacks for all cancer outpatients
- £12,000 provides aromatherapy and massage to alleviate the side effects of chemotherapy
- £30,000 will pay to upgrade and enhance all six bedrooms on the Pembroke Ward
Babies, Children and their families
- £3,000 supports bereaved families on the Benson Suite
- £10,000 ensures up to 300 families a year with babies born too sick, too small, or too soon can stay close by in our Neonatal Family Unit
- £20,000 maintains the child-friendly environment in the new Children’s Unit
- £60,000 provides the Antenatal clinic with a new ultrasound machine offering quicker scanning with enhanced image quality
- £10,000 helps fund the Elevate and Engage projects which fight the effects of isolation and dementia through creative activities, psychological support, stimulation and interaction
- £38,000 funds advanced testing equipment for patients with dizziness or imbalance (the most common reason for visits to doctors by elderly people)
- £3,000 helps to fund rehabilitation classes for cardiac patients for a year
Spinal Unit Patients
- £20,000 pays for a Recreational Assistant to work year-round with Spinal Unit inpatients doing exercises and recreational activities
Patients in other areas
- £2,000 means that every patient alone in Hospital on Christmas Day receives a present
- £20,000 provides the Dermatology department with the latest UV technology to treat patients with skin disease
- £90,000 pays for a new vascular ultrasound machine, offering faster examinations with high quality image resolution to help diagnose problems more quickly and accurately
- £110,000 is the cost of cone beam scanner providing Orthodontic, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Ear, Nose and Throat patients with the most accurate possible head scans.
From time to time The Stars Appeal runs major campaigns to raise funds for very large projects. The most recent of these was the . Previously we’ve funded two state-of-the-art CT Scanners a new Children’s Unit, Cardiac suite, Keyhole Surgery Suite, Benson Suite, Neonatal Family Accommodation, and many other projects. Read more about these here: What we have achieved.